6th Annual Fat Tire Festival
Do you think that riding your bike off road is fun?
Are you Mountain Bike-curious?
Do you have a friend or loved one that’s Mountain Bike-curious?
Do you like pizza and/or beer?
If the answer to any or all of these questions is yes, then you should attend the 6th Annual Fat Tire Festival at Lake Crabtree County Park in Cary.
On Sunday, Nov. 6th, from 10am to 3pm, a bunch of trail-loving cyclists, and a handful of businesses that cater to them, will be hanging out, riding trails, trying out new bikes, eating pizza, drinking beer, and scheming ways to ride more and work less all year long.
Here’s the agenda:
Throughout the day:
– Head up to the dirt jumps to watch sessions
– IMBA/SORBA/TORC members – put your # in the raffle for the 12:30pm
– Join IMBA/SORBA/TORC (check or cash please) get a free pair of TORC socks
– Already a member? TORC socks – $10 suggested donation
– Watch for Trials demos on the main field
– Demo new bikes
– Free bike checks
– Maintenance demonstrations
– Sign up for an upcoming work day – New trail going in @ Campus Hills Park in Durham
– Sign up to be a 2012 sponsor
10am – Kid’s Bike Safety Clinic Hosted by The Bicycle Chain and The Clean Machine
10:30am – Kid’s Bike Race (Classes: 5 & 6 yr. olds, 7 & 8 yr. olds, 9 & 10 yr. olds)
11am – Organized Group Ride (Intermediate, Beginner – gather @ TORC Tent)
11:30am – Dumplings – Pizza – Cupcakes
12:30pm – Member Raffle Drawing – Performance Bicycle has donated a 2011 Access Stealth 3.0 29er
1pm – Organized Group Ride (intermediate, Beginner – gather @ TORC tent)
2pm – Ride Like a Girl Skills Clinic Hosted by The Bicycle Chain and The Clean Machine (instruction/ride
– gather @ TORC tent)
3pm – Ride from LCCP to Rally Point for after party
4pm – After festival party @ Rally Point
Food Trucks: Chirba Chirba Dumplings, Pie Pushers and Blue Ribbon Delights